Thursday, June 15, 2017

Olive Burger (experiment)

I just wanted something quick for dinner and have been eating a lot of green olives lately, so I decided to make an olive burger.  Came out good!

1/4lb 85% lean ground beef
3-4 sliced olives
layer of dried onions
drizzle of EVOO
seasoning to taste:
* salt
* pepper
* garlic powder

combine into a round meatball and chill in the fridge
(can prepare other things in the meantime)

once chilled, put onto a hot pan with EVOO, and flatten
(heat only to medium-low to avoid smoking the oil)

once half cooked flip
finish at desired done-ness
put on toasted bun with condiments and sides as desired

I used only 2 sliced olives but after eating it I felt that 3 or 4 would be better.

If dressing it only with spicy brown mustard like I did, i would recommend 1.5 to 2 times more than what I used to properly cut the flavor of the burg.



No comments:

Post a Comment