Sunday, June 4, 2017

MOMOKAWA - Diamond Junmai Ginjo

This is a sake, made in Oregon.  I bought it because I thought the description sounded good, but actually I think it's just a bad description.

This sake tastes primarily like a cross of coconut mixed with honedew melon.  There is a hint of green tea to contrast the fruitiness.  I did not detect any hints of apples, other tropical fruits (other than coconut), or these subtle spicy / mineral notes described on the label.

That said, if you like the taste of coconut and honeydew in your alcohol, this is probably a good buy.  It's quite smooth, having no tannin bitterness, only minor alcohol flavor, and noticeable sweetness.

Overall I did not enjoy the flavor of this sake, and I'm disappointed in the misleading description.

2/4


No comments:

Post a Comment