Sunday, June 4, 2017

Mt. Beautiful - North Canterbury Sauvignon Blanc (2015)

When I was looking for wines from New Zealand, I realized they had a lot of Sauvignon Blanc.  I thought if they made so much of it, then they must be pretty good at it.  So I picked out this one.

This is a primarily dry wine, it's very smooth and refreshing.

Tastes mostly like a grown up white grape juice with a hint of grass (basically exactly as described).  There's a bubbly aftertaste that's quite pleasant.

I do not usually indulge in white wines as their more mild flavor profiles don't suit me, but I did enjoy this white wine.  If this one dials back the grassy flavor, then I would be interested in trying a typical NZ SauvBlan, or even one that specializes in this flavor.

There is no tannin bitterness, and only a small hint of alcohol taste.

3/4



No comments:

Post a Comment