Friday, June 2, 2017

Kuei Hua Chen Chiew

I picked up some Asian wines from Chinatown in Chicago in my most recent trip there.  This is the first one I tried because the bottle got damaged on the trip home, so I had to drink it before it spoiled :)


This is a Chinese wine made from grapes, flavored with cassia.  I'm assuming cassia leaves.  I'm fairly confident this one in particular was made in Taiwan.

Basically this is a sweet wine, but the cassia flavoring adds some complexity to the flavor.  It's an herbal flavor, but a more savory one (think of oregano or curry leaves), rather than a "fresh" herbal flavor (such as coriander or mint).

This wine does have noticeable alcohol taste for those who care.  However, there was not even a hint of tannin bitterness.

3/4  I liked it.  Good for sharing with others, because I think that most people could appreciate this alcohol for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment